Monday, February 1, 2016

Sew and Sew

Hi everyone!

               Jan here! I am hosting the February challenge here at Our Creative Corner! 

I really really enjoy being on the Design Team, but it is so exciting being the Challenge Host. 

For this challenge we are asking you to focus on....




Sew and Sew 

 Fabrics, wool, threads, lace - this months challenge is all about texture, layers and loveliness!

What scraps have you got hidden away? Any snippets of favourite clothes you can't bare to part with?

Anything sewing related can be used in your piece. You could use hand stitching or get out the sewing machine and don't worry if you are not a fan of sewing - why not try drawing in some fake stitches?  

Don't forget to get out your sewing themed stamps and dies.
Have fun and create something!

I am really looking forward to seeing what you make!!!

  Our Sponsor this month is....



 Darkroom Door will be giving our randomly drawn winner one Rubber Stamp Set 
which is valued at $31.95 AUD 



My Teamies have created the most amazing variety of projects following my theme for this challenge - let's take a look at what they made to inspire you!




 Jan


I created a page for my neglected Folio about our travels in America. 
We visited Palm Springs in California and went up the Arial Tramway from 
 the dessert into a blizzard! We were dressed for the heat and blue skies 
 not for cold and snow, we laughed so much, it was a memorable day. I enjoyed
 using my sewing stash and scrapbook embellishments with my 
sewing machine to make a snowy page.



 *****************************************


Laura



What a treat! I love sewing themed projects! I put together a hanging 
in muted brown and blue tones getting a chance to use up some of my 
lovely lace, twine and charm embellishments
   

 *****************************************
 
Candice



"So she sewed shweshwe on the sugar sweet dolls!".
Shweshwe (/ˈʃwɛ.ʃwɛ/) from the Sotho name Moshoeshoe is a 
traditional Sotho (South Africa & Lesotho) printed fabric characterized by its 
geometric designs out of which traditional garments are fashioned.

I hand-stitched some shweshwe fabric scraps "wool, threads, lace", sequins 
and ribbon onto card and created these quirky African Valentine Paper Dolls.


 *****************************************




I have made a small sewing themed hanging using stamps and dies but sadly 

no stitching. I had great plans for a stitched hanging but unfortunately had 
to shelve them due to having my second foot operation and being out of action.  
However, I hope this mini project inspires you to create even a 
small project for our challenge!

 
 *****************************************

 Shari



SEW SEW SEW LOVE LOVE LOVE Jan's challenge theme for February! 
 I stamped and sewed this Sunflower wall hanging just for the occasion.  
 
 *****************************************

 Ana


My first idea was to make a simple collage with a few stitches 
and fabric scraps...but I just couldn't stop adding bits and pieces....
I finished with a beautiful mess…

*****************************************
 




I decided to go a little quirky with my piece this month!
 I needed a journal and I wanted it to have certain features which I could 
custom make. I've had some gesso primed canvas for ages and never found 
quite the right project for it - until now. I've used real stitching to add texture 
and definition but not sure if it fits the bill of 'lovely'! You decide. . . . .

  
 *****************************************

Lys



 I had a special gift to make and I chose to alter an old chocolate box,
 transforming it in a travel sewing box...  


*****************************************

 Trish



I decided to use dyed scraps of calico as the texture on my 3D piece 
this month. I love using fabric to add a bit of interest to my projects!


****************************************


WOW!!! I hope you will enjoy the inspirational ideas here and come and join in the challenge this month!

Remember that a randomly drawn winner will get the prize of a Darkroom Door stamp. There will also be a winner and Top 3 who is chosen by the Challenge Host and the winner will be invited back to OCC to be our Top Talent!

Come and join in the fun!

Hugs
Jan


9 comments:

  1. Wow, what amazing inspiration! I love all the projects, thanks everyone! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! What beautiful things the DT have made!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work and inspiration from the DT! Thanks for the great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, the projects made to illustrate this challenge are really fabulous, all so very beautiful!!!! I'm in awe, well done to you all!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful inspiration from the team. Fingers crossed I can manage to join in this challenge.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWIE!! Gosh, is it possible to say "Ladies, you've outdone yourselves again!" :) :) Amazing Sew themed creations, each and every one. There's 'Sew' much inspiration here! Just a Fab-SEW-lous challenge, Jan!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sew beautiful ~ love them all. Such inspiration, I can't wait to make something for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very beautiful inspiration theme and such wonderful projects! Hugs from Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the fun challenge! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx